To avoid negative attention from the Solicitors Regulation Authority there are a number of core areas that a firm must consider and some of these considerations may apply even if your firm is being sold, dependant on the arrangement made with the buyer.
Our Closure services will include helping to build a closure strategy trough to taking the necessary action on your behalf and will cover the following key areas: -
- SRA Notifications and other regulatory issues
- Notifications (website, letter head, website, phones etc)
- Companies House Notification where necessary
- Insurance and Run off cover including extended policy periods
- Staff Management
- Client Management and File Transfers
- Liaison and engagement with Accountants
- Banking and Finance
- Client Accounts and Office Account Management and considerations including aged client balances
- Disbursement Management
- Files Storage and Archive Management
- Undertaking transfers at discharge
- HMRC considerations
- Debt Management
- Credit Management and Credit Control
- Offices and Office Equipment
- Case Management System considerations
- Partnership and Shareholder agreements including disputes
There is a significant amount of work to undertake and organise when a law firm is to be closed in an orderly basis and planning for the closure is an essential step to ensuring it is a task that is completed correctly protecting the firm, the owners, the compliance officers its staff and clients.
We provide both packaged and individual solutions that directly add value into the firms we work with. You can download brochures on these services below:
Additional Compliance Services
For more details on each of the services we provide please click on the links below.
Codes of Conduct inc COLP & COFA
Firm and File Audits
New Law Firm and ABS Applications
Compliance Management Service
Compliance Administration Service
Professional Indemnity & Renewals
Office Manual (inc quality kitemarks)
Drafting and Documents
Training and Development
Partnership & Shareholder Agreements
Succession & Exit
Closure of a Law Firm
Data Protection & GDPR
We provide both packages and individual solutions that directly add value into the firms we work with.
To find out more about our law firm closure service you can call us on 0203 911
9710 or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.