With 2019 drawing to a close the focus turns to 2020 and what this has in store for law firms and the drive to maintain a compliant and successful firm.
2019 was a significant year for law firms with some of the highlights being:
- The new codes of conduct for Solicitors and Firms
- The new Solicitors Accounts Rules
- The introduction of Freelance Solicitors
- Updates to the Law Society Conveyancing protocol including the updated protocol for completion by post, which, introduced, amongst other elements the decision of Dreamvar (UK) Ltd v Mishcon de Raya and P&P Property Ltd v Owen Catlin LLP)
- Considering Brexit and the challenges that will bring to the UK based law firms
- The SRA stepping up its activity with law firms and focussing on the application of the Money Laundering Regulations 2017.
In 2019 TSP also introduced new services and enhancement to our membership: -
1. All Partners of a firm can now be administrators for their firm.
2. Updates to our client referral service providing firms with a new source of work or the ability to introduce clients to other member firms
3. The launch of our ‘find a solicitor section’ to help generate new work for member firms.
4. Our succession planning and future partner training programme has been launched to prepare firms for succession and to provide training to potential future partners. https://www.thestrategicpartner.co.uk/Our-Products/Succession-Planning-and-Future-Partner-Training.
5. Enhancements to our compliance and AML management service. https://www.thestrategicpartner.co.uk/Our-Products/Law-Firm-Regulation-and-Compliance
6. The introduction of our merger and acquisition service which is helping many firms find acquisitions or merger partners to take their firm forward.
The Strategic Partner has been very active within the legal sector and our members, interacting and supporting hundreds of firms across England and Wales alongside the attendance at law society and market events to continue to promote and strengthen our own brand.
Various articles discussing all of these events and can be found on the news section of our website.
Our focus, as always, is to enrich our members and followers with relevant information to enhance their firms. If you are interested in any of the services or products of The Strategic Partner or you are not a member and you would like to join you can contact us;
- Call us on 0203 911 9710
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete an online enquiry.
Tell us what you need or ask us a question, we'd love to discuss your business.
To read the full December Newsletter and find out what is to be expected across the legal industry in 2020, Read Here