This service has been designed to assist those in the firm to identify and take the necessary actions when applying for CQS quality standard or preparing for renewal of the CQS quality standard.
The Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS) is a recognised quality standard for SRA-regulated firms in residential conveyancing and is essential for all Firms who undertake property work. It sets out the standards of competence, risk management and client service levels expected of practices. It is designed to produce benefits for member practices, consumers, clients and industry stakeholders.
Law Firm Compliance
CQS advises that obtaining the standard can help to minimise your practice’s risk of claims and protect your brand’s reputation. By joining the scheme, you’ll show that you:
- Have the expertise to deliver quality residential conveyancing advice.
- Use standardised processes to manage and reduce risks.
- Educate clients about what to expect when paying for conveyancing advice.
It will not be possible to act for a lender in a property transaction with a mortgage without the CQS standard being obtained.
The Service Includes:
- Supporting the SRO throughout the process.
- Ensuring ALL fee earners involved in property attend the compulsory training which can be provided by The Law Society or Access Legal.
- We will maintain a register of attendance and hold any certificates provided. We will also arrange the training as necessary (where applicable).
- We will ensure DBS checks are kept up to date on all relevant staff (we suggest every 3 years) and recording results.
- We will ensure up to date proof of ID and Address are obtained ready for the application (where applicable).
- Gathering of all information for the annual renewal or re-application which happens every 3 years.
- The application form will then be completed and submitted to CQS.
- Dealing with any issues that arise from the application and finalising with CQS.
The cost of this service is £2000 for each type of application.