Complaint Management – The Detail
Firms must take complaints seriously and the quicker they are dealt with, the easier they are to resolve. When a complaint is received, an immediate investigation should be undertaken to resolve the complaint as quickly and amicably as possible.
Where the complaint is justified, addressing the issues quickly and offering a prompt apology and investigation should assist with the management of the complaint and prevent further escalation.
Where the complaint is unjustified, an assertive, but understanding explanation should again resolve matters and avoid further escalation.
The assistance of an external expert who specialises in the handling, management and resolution of complaints is both a cost-effective and focused way of ensuring any complaints received by your firm are resolved effectively and offers a real advantage when demonstrating robust management of the firm to your Professional Indemnity Insurers at the time of renewal.
The Complaint Management Service is designed to provide firms with an expert solution that operates impartially and independently, but always in the best interests of the firm and its clients. Our service covers the initial intimation of a complaint, the investigation and liaison with the client through to the final resolution, including:
- Implementing a complaint policy, including guidance to staff on action to take when receiving a complaint and reporting requirements
- Maintenance of a complaint register
- Management of the complaint register
- Handling and management of complaints, either directly from the client or via the Legal Ombudsman
- Training provided to staff on complaint avoidance
- Training provided to managers on complaint management
- Reporting on complaints as part of the firm’s compliance structure
Our Complaint Management Service provides firms with an alternative solution to the need to respond to, manage and control complaints internally, freeing up the Complaints Partner whilst still maintaining control, and ensures there is an impartial approach that minimises impact on the firm.
For more information about our Complaint Management Service, you can call us on 0203 911 9710 or you can email us at email@example.com.
Other Consultancy Services…