Employee Handbook – The Detail
Our services include the following, as standard:
• An initial interview and discussions with the firm to discuss the current approach to documenting employee related policies and procedures, enabling us to gain an insight into the firm and an understanding of core requirements.
• Review of the current policies. Some firms are content with approaching this afresh.
• Consulting with the firm to ensure that the required information is obtained to ensure the policies and procedures written are bespoke to the firm and reflect the day-to-day practices of the firm.
• Advising as necessary on areas to change to adopt best practice.
• Drafting the Employee Handbook for discussion and approval. Discussing the draft for final agreement, after reflecting any required changes.
• Implementation of the Employee Handbook.
The key policies drafted as part of the manual are:
• Adoption Appointments (Adopters and Adopters’ Partners)
• Adoption Leave
• Adverse Weather, Travel Disruption and Lateness
• Antenatal Appointments (Expectant Mothers or Companions)
• Anti-Bribery and Corruption
• Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
• Career Break
• Code of Conduct and Disciplinary and Dismissal Procedure
• Compassionate Leave
• GDPR & Data Protection
• Domestic Abuse
• Dress Code
• Emergency Procedures
• Equality and Diversity
• Flexible Working
• Garden Leave
• Gifts and Hospitality
• Harassment and Bullying
• Health and Safety
• Hybrid Working
• IT & Cybersecurity
• Internet and Email
• Lone Working Policy
• Maternity Leave
• Parental Leave
• Parental Bereavement Leave
• Paternity Leave
• Performance and Capability at Work
• Recruitment, Promotion, Appraisal & Membership Fees
• Shared Parental Leave
• Sickness and Attendance
• Social Media and Website
• Substance Misuse
• Time Off For Dependants
• Time Off For Public Duties
• Performance Management – Optional addition
Optional Additional Services include:
Our pre-audit service includes reviewing your compliance in all seven of the required areas, identifying any gaps and reporting to you. We will achieve this through;
• Ongoing maintenance to ensure the Employee Handbook is kept up to date and reflective of the changing needs of the firm.
• Implementation of a bespoke performance management programme – please contact us for more information on the design, building and implementation of a bespoke performance management and staff appraisal service.
If your firm has LEXCEL accreditation, our service ensures that your Employee Handbook is always kept up to date and therefore, makes the maintenance of Lexcel easier in the People Management section of the Standard. If you do not have LEXCEL accreditation, our service will ensure that your firm has a set of procedures which documents and records how the firm manages its staff to demonstrate active management.
About The Strategic Partner
The Strategic Partner is a knowledge hub, consultancy, and service provider for law firms, Professional Indemnity Insurers and those who interact with the Legal industry.
Our focus is to provide quality services to all clients, enriching their businesses with our knowledge and expertise and becoming an integrated and valuable asset.
We have developed a range of packaged and bespoke services and solutions for both the Legal and Insurance Sectors which are all aimed at bringing intelligence, efficiency and where appropriate, enhanced profitability.
Our goal is to become a truly valued partner to all businesses we work with and to assist them with any challenges they face to overcome them and strengthen their business. We pride ourselves on the depth and breadth of our knowledge and experience alongside, that of our Partners and will work with both law firms and insurers of all sizes to achieve their goals wherever possible.
Get in touch
For more information about our Employee Handbook Drafting and Maintenance Service, you can call us on 0203 911 9710 or you can email us at email@example.com.
Other Consultancy Services…